Thursday, February 26, 2015

How to with Halley- DIY Candy Buffet


Wedding season is just around the corner! My friends often ask me for Wedding Favor ideas. They don't want to do the same old thing that will probably end up in the trash and be a waste of money. My suggestion is always a Candy Buffet. It definitely won't go to waste and guests can pick and choose what to take home and enjoy later. Candy Buffet's are also perfect for any shower or event. 

I chose to do a DIY Candy Buffet for mine and Chris' special day. It was actually a lot of fun and I found some great ways to cut costs and make it really magical. Here are some tips to help you! 

First: Decide on a color scheme that will match with your Wedding or event theme. Our wedding was in May and our colors were pale pink and off white. I hit up the after Valentine's Day sales and scored most of my candy really cheap! My Chocolate roses were found on sale at Family Dollar for a quarter each vs. $1.50 each! I also found the adorable heart swirled suckers on clearance as well! Be sure to check OrientalTrading.com for affordable suckers. You can find extra large bags of Hershey kisses at Wal-Mart for just under $10 vs. nearly $20 at specialty Candy Stores. Maybe your wedding is in the summer with lighter hues... Shop the after Easter sales! 

Then: Make a list! (I'm not a list person but during my wedding, I was the queen of lists!) you'll want to make sure you have enough Candy. Make a list of what to include and how many vases you will need and what each will contain. You'll also need bags for guests. I ordered mine really cheap at OrientalTrading.com and found these adorable rhinestone stickers on a Wedding site to add to them. (You can find Personalized Favor Stickers at OrientalTrading.com really cheap too!) 



Vases: I found my vases all over. Most were from Marshall's, Ross, and TJ Maxx. I wanted various sizes and heights. The small heart shaped dishes were found at The Dollar Tree. These vases will come in handy for future showers and events at your home after the wedding. I even have them on display above my kitchen cabinets. I chose to add diamond mesh wrap to give them a little more flavor and extra sparkle! (I also added this same wrap to my centerpiece vases. The wrap isn't actually rhinestones but looks that way and works beautifully! It can be purchased in different colors at Amazon.com) 

Use Fun foods to decorate your vases! I put marshmallows in the bottoms of some of my vases for added fun! I also used tulle. This is a great way to take up unused space and add a touch of magic! 

I hope you guys have enjoyed these tips and ideas! A Candy Buffet is sure to make your event a whole lot sweeter! 

Xo,
Halley May

No comments:

Post a Comment