Happy Easter, y'all! I enjoyed making this recipe from a couple years back! I hope you enjoy too! Post below 4/4/15 on News 13
Easter Cake Treats
1 box carrot cake mix (prepare as directed on box for 13x9 cake)
¾ can of 16 oz. cream cheese frosting
Candy Melts (pick your favorite colors for Easter eggs and orange if you want to make carrot shapes)
sprinkles (for egg shaped cake)
faux flower stems (for carrot shaped cake)
Easter basket to serve them in
- Prepare cake as directed on box in 13x9 pan.
- Allow to cool completely. Then crumble in large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with ¾ can cream cheese frosting.
- Roll mixture into balls then shape into eggs and/or carrots. Place shapes on wax paper.
- Place in refrigerator to cool for about 2 hours or 10 minutes in the freezer if pressed for time.
- Melt Candy in the microwave (small batches at a time so it doesn’t harden)
- Roll shapes in Candy Melts. (I use a skewer. This works best for rolling without messing up the coating. After its dried, cover up the hole with more candy melts.)
- Lay shapes on wax paper. Add sprinkles/frosting to decorate eggs and faux flower stems to carrots.
- Refrigerate to cool.
- Place in Easter Basket for serving.
Enjoy! Happy Easter!
You can watch here: